BTS-MS direct connection.

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Thu Oct 25 17:51:07 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'd like to directly cable a handset to a nanoBTS and thought I could:

- put attenuators on the nanoBTS TX and RX ports
- connect the other side of each attenuator to a resistive
splitter/combiner that has 6dB loss
- connect the combiner common port to the MS

Does this sound sensible and if so what size of attenuators might I
want assuming MS and BTS were each set at 6dBm? I've seen figures for
receiver sensitivity, but wasn't sure as to a "good" RF level to use
with direct cabling!

I also have 10/20 dB directional couplers and circulators if they
might find use in a better configuration.

Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Back