FW: RADIUS in sysmoBTS ?

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Oct 22 19:21:06 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 04:00:04PM +0200, Yann R. Moupinda wrote:

> i try to realise a GSM-WLAN (hotspot) Interworking system. I read that the authentication can be done by using a EAP-SIM protocol standard. For that i need a AAA RADIUS server supporting EAP-SIM (like Freeradius) and wich should be able to communicate with the HLR.

This sounds like if you need to work with Freeradius yourself. You have
a 'toolchain' in your download area. It could have all the depdencies
to build Freeradius yourself. The toolchain runs on i686 systems and
unpacks to /opt. There is an '*environment-setup*' you will need to source
that will setup PATHs and other environment variables.

> > PS: Any luck with tracing at the "BSC API" interface or with an external MSC?
>
> I couldn't find a external MSC and because of the time of my thesis, i decided to investigate more about the GSM-WIFI interworking.

Good luck. I am confident that over time we will have a more complete MSC.