NanoBTS Problems

Nicklas Boecking Nicklas_boe at web.de
Tue Oct 16 17:51:32 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm working with OpenBSC since 2 month. Currently my OpenBSC setup runs with
2 mobile phones which can communicate A5/1 encrypted with each other.

I got several problems while running this system with a NanoBTS. I use
osmo-nitb.

Entries in my HLR  receive wrong time values. The time values of the column
"created" and "updated" are exactly 2 hours earlier than they should be.

The system time of the controller works fine and the time in the logs from
"./osmo-nitb -e 1 -T" is correct. Are there any other timers which work with
the NanoBTS?

Furthermore my network does not run stable. Sometimes following error occurs
:

input/ipaccess.c:454 Bad signalling Message, sign link returned error

input/ipaccess.c:260 Forcing socket shutdown with no signal link set

The error usually appears after some authentification "traffic". Sometimes
the system runs stable for several hours without any errors. The error leads
to a restart of the connection. I'm not sure if this problem has something
to do with the first problem.

thanks and best regards!

Nicklas