Bad signalling message

Pablo Neira Ayuso pablo at gnumonks.org
Tue Oct 16 13:43:00 UTC 2012

Hi Holger,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 02:23:51PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 02:07:14PM +0200, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> > I see. I guess you were hitting SIGABRT also before the patch then.
> >
> > New patch attached. If you're OK with it, I'll push it to git.
>
> Hi Pablo,
>
> please be careful about the semantic. What is the semantic when calling
> the callback? Does the called one always need to free the msgb? is that
> the case with all users of libosmo-abis?

->sign_link(...) calls abis_nm_rcvmsg / abis_rsl_rcvmsg that release
the msgb.

Still, there some error paths in abis_nm_rcvmsg that leak the msgb:

if (oh->placement != ABIS_OM_PLACEMENT_ONLY) ...
if (oh->sequence != 0) ...
switch (oh->mdisc): unknown oh->mdisc

But in the general path, the semantic is consistent.

I'll send a patch to fix this for openbsc.

In conclusion, I think my patch is correct, please ack and I'll push
to git.