OpenBSC with LCR/SIP

Nik Pakar nikpakar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 17:27:15 UTC 2012

Hi Nava,

I have tried the same some time ago. LCR-SIP implementation seems very nice
in what you trying to do without using asterisk. I managed to get calls
ring back and forward in a similar setup but i was running into serious
problems with RTP/media. This was mainly due to transcoding or rtp-bridge
functions. I was some what successful with the help from andreas but could
not make it work 100%.

May be now there is a fix for the rtp issues which i never tried after that.

Give it a try using the latest git clone from LCR and see. As i can
remember you need to check out jolly/rtpmux branch in order to get this
working. Andreas can give some hint if possible on this.

Good luck.

Nik.