CSD support for openbsc with the BS-11

Tobias Engel t-openbsc at tobias.org
Thu Oct 18 11:27:57 UTC 2012

Hi Harald,

> I've seen teh openbsc.git branch, but I cannot see any branch in
> libosmo-abis.git.  Can you please check if that branch really has been
> pushed?

the libosmo-abis changes have already been merged, so the csd branch was
removed - sorry, I should probably have made a mention to the list about
that.

> Do you see any reason why the code should / could not be merged?  From
> my quick review, I didn't see any ovious location where it would break
> existing voice call behavior.

I think my changes to handle CSD channels are a hack somewhat since the
whole signalling code would probably need an overhaul to properly
support different channel types.

But technically everything should (and actually did, for my tests) work
fine for voice calls, too, with these changes.

-Tobias