gsm and isdn at 29c3

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Thu Nov 15 17:12:01 UTC 2012

hi list,

we (ccc meber and me) are trying to get a pri access line (primary rate
isdn) this year. it will provide external connection for the poc
(eventphone) and will also allow interconnection of gsm network with the
rest of the world. it is not yet clear if we get this line, but we are
working on it. the hardware and software side is already tested in our
"labs".

for connection between poc and gsm network (openbsc), we like to use lcr
(linux-call-router via mncc interface). there are two ways to connect to
eventphone, one via isdn line (or virtual isdn over ip) and another one
via sip trunk. we like to use both ways for better testing.

the registration process for gsm extensions is already set up by
evenphone. visit https://www.eventphone.de to register your gsm
extension. for syncing eventphone's database with hlr of openbsc, i can
provide help. also i will provide helpdesk for gsm questions this year
again.

regards,

andreas