FYI: Testing/merging jolly/sms (and zecke/jolly-sms)

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Nov 14 07:01:38 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:47:40PM +0100, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
Hi Andreas,

> zecke/smc-issues contains a testcase (that is crashing). Ideas how to resolve
> the issue and checking where similar issues exist and resolve them too (e.g.
> leading to a double free in the smr code).

and the same issue exists with the SMR rp_timer_expired and the OpenBSC code
calling trans_free from within the error indication and then another message
is received (and the msg is empty but the client code still casts it to a msg).

there is another part I don't fully understand:
 * gsm411_rx_rp_ack will start a new transaction but not trans_free the old
   one.
 * gsm0411_rcv_sms will search for a 'pending' transaction and then free it.

are these two supposed to work together? When was this tested the last time?

holger