FYI: Testing/merging jolly/sms (and zecke/jolly-sms)

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Nov 11 10:43:31 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have rebased jolly/sms and split it up (first use the routines that were
moved to libosmocore and that create compile errors, then begin to use the
DLSMS debug area, then the actual patches in a way that all of them compile
to allow to bisect them). I am now manually testing them with the help of
the sysmocom modem bank.

There are various issues that needs to be resolved before the 29C3 to be
able to use the code. I am just listing them here for reference.

There is a double trans_free in the new code now that will lead to segfaults
and various 'soft' failures. I am just including some log messages:

gsm0411_smc.c:308 Cannot release yet current state: WAIT_CP_ACK
gsm0411_smc.c:511 Message 0x332/1 unhandled at this state WAIT_CP_ACK.
gsm0411_smc.c:517 RX Unimplemented CP msg_type: 0x332
gsm0411_smc.c:134 TX CP-ERROR, cause 97 (Message Type doesn't exist)
gsm_04_11.c:913 Transaction contains SMS.
gsm_04_11.c:441 RP-DATA (MO) without DST or TPDU ?!?
gsm_04_11.c:420 TX: SMS RP ERROR, cause 96 (Invalid Mandatory Information)

cheers
	holger