osmo_sock_init/getaddrinfo not working for GRE/SOCKET_RAW

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Nov 23 10:06:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:36:34PM +0100, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:
> Hi Holger!

Hey!

> The GAI_PROTO_NOSERVICE flag is set, while interating over the list of
> addresses that it has obtained from the kernel to return the addrinfo
> object, it seems to skip the raw protocol and it returns EAI_SERVICE.
>
> I'd need to investigate further the reason why they are doing like
> that.

one way or another filing a bug report in the glibc bugzilla might be
a good idea.

> The quick thing would be to workaround libosmocore. I'll try to
> investigate this issue a bit more but it may take me a while.

we will need a workaround as the LTS of CentOS/RHEL/Debian/Ubuntu are
unlikely to receive the patch. I am currently using this[1] patch but
I think we can make it less ugly (e.g. try to call getaddrinfo twice,
and if ai_socktype is unspecified use the caller provided one).

holger

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?expand=1&file=raw-socket.patch&package=libosmocore&project=home%3Azecke23&rev=23f0fda08163c3ca98c6f8006bbf8a32