osmo_sock_init/getaddrinfo not working for GRE/SOCKET_RAW

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Nov 7 14:21:14 UTC 2012

Dear Pablo,

getaddrinfo does not work for the combination of AF_INET, SOCK_RAW
and IPPROTO_GRE. I have attached an example application that can be
compiled with:

  $ gcc -o fr fr.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs libosmocore libosmogb`

this prints:
getaddrinfo returned NULL: Success
FAILED

gettadrinfo returns -8 which should be this:
# define EAI_SERVICE      -8    /* SERVICE not supported for `ai_socktype'.  */

I am not sure what is the most clever way to resolve this. Make SOCK_RAW
branch out early and do the socket/bind(/listen) manually, use getaddrinfo
twice with some more unspefici options, just deal with SOCK_RAW differently
now? The attached code has the benefit of at least handling INET and INET6
inside the getaddrinfo result.

any ideas?
	holger