Possible solution to ticket #55

VID - Frank Maas frank at vid.nl
Sun May 6 18:50:49 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
> VID - Frank Maas wrote:
>> One can make use of it (at least over days SGSN no longer crashed),
>
> You still saw the issues with the nanoBTS, right?

You are right. The GPRS setup was far from excellent. Not only the
nanoBTS had problems (restarting), but also the GPRS connection(s)
itself were not stable. However, before patching the issue described
in #55, sgsn would crash within 0 - 4 hours after being started. After
the patch SGSN never crashed and in a setup with only two GPRS users
we have had succes for over a 24 hour period. Which was remarkably
good. When using for the real purpose we had more BTS's and more GPRS
users and that still... erh... needs some work.

Regards,
Frank

,