Supplementary Services / Call Waiting in openbsc

Tobias Engel t-openbsc at tobias.org
Thu Mar 22 15:07:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

I pushed the branches tobias/supplementary_services to libosmocore and
openbsc repositories.

The idea is to enhance openbsc to be able to provide Supplementary
Services other than USSD.

I tried to implement activation, deactivation and interrogation in a
generic way. Registration is not yet implemented, also handling of
different teleservices is missing (Everything will be treated as
requested for "Telephony").

Call Waiting is now implemented on top of those changes (it is one of
the SS that doesn't need registration). (De-)Activation and
interrogation can be triggered from the phone using either the menu or
the MMI codes *43#, #43# and *#43# (see GSM 02.30).

So a call to a subscriber will now only proceed if said subscriber isn't
busy or CW has been provisioned and activated. (For details see the
commit messages.)

I know this isn't the most sexy new feature, but I needed it to test
something and maybe somebody wants to implement other supplementary
services like call forwarding...

-Tobias