"Osmo-USRP": combining OpenBTS and Osmocom

Thomas Cooper tacooper at vt.edu
Mon Mar 19 19:39:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Alexander Chemeris
<alexander.chemeris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> Congratulations for the release! Hopefully we'll see it stabilizing as
> more people start playing with it.

Thanks, I hope so too.

> Am I correct, that you use Transceiver52M and the lower part of
> OpenBTS and the rest is from OsmoBTS? It would be great if the
> architecture were described somewhere in the docs.

That is correct, with a few minimal changes in OsmoBTS to get them to
work together.
Good idea, I have added another doc file to
https://github.com/tacooper/Osmo-USRP/downloads with a basic
description.
I am just starting to write my thesis so more detailed descriptions
will be available as I get to them.