Compiling LCR for OpenBSC

Nik Pakar nikpakar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 19:25:35 UTC 2012

Hi Carecel,

I also still strugling with no luck. I have a very good understanding of
the openbsc and it works well as the NITB.

But LCR and asterisk integration is no where closer.

Im using debian 6.0.4
Asterisk 1.8.9.3
OpenBSC, Osmocore, Osmo-abis : latest git clone
LCR : latest git clone
mISDN : downloaded from the site

First thing didnt aligned with documentation is the LCR patch doesnt seems
apply. I assume the developers has made the patch into it, so its not
applying. But when i inspect the source of gsm_bs.cpp, doesnt seems there
either.

Passing on - once LCR compiled with asterisk and gsm_bs, it doesnt even
create a gsm.conf

So almost no go from that point.

Anyway, now im waiting for some feedback about the actual topology of it
since its unclear whether we still need E1/ISDN in the middle to integrate
this. If that is the case i wouldnt want to try that. Been all IP solution,
there is no point having TDM in the middle at all.

Do you have any idea about that ?

Nik.