MySQL for HLR

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Mar 3 18:03:24 UTC 2012

Nik,

On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 12:52:25PM +0000, Nik Pakar wrote:
> This tight integration of a db back end will have lot more limitation when
> it comes to scalable deployment. i.e. 100s of BTS connecting to more than
> one BSCs which will need a common database backend as the the HLR.

I have made it _very_ clear that the bottleneck is not the sqlite3
integration.  Trust me, the problem is an architectural problem with the
lack of asynchronous processing of subscriber lookups.  You are looking
at a symptom, not the cause.

The people involved in OpenBSC have a very good understanding of what
needs to be done.  It is a volunteer project driven by poeple who want
to contribute.  If you want a scalable database backend, I suggest you
contribute code to first make the subscriber lookups asynchronous, and
then generalize it away from sqlite3.