OpenBSC -> only BTS+RNC+MSC+HLR without BSC possible?

Ellen Apolinar ellen.apolinar.td at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:30:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

the purpose is to test several BTS.

There are a few solutions to realise this, one of this is with OpenBSC.

1st idea: Implement OpenBSC for several BTS, also for UMTS.
In this case we have a GLJ to read the traces between BSC and BTS and want
to analyse them so we could build libraries for using OpenBSC with these
BTS. It isn't my job to programm it because we have a few programmers here
which can handle with it und which have a few months time to realise that.
We already have the traces - now comes the part how to analyse these and
how to build libs to implement the BTS to the OpenBSC-project. I don't know
if it is possible and how long it takes. We will see it.

2nd idea: Have a BTS - RNC - MSC - HLR - connection with parts of OpenBSC.
BTS and RNC are hardware, MSC and HLR should be software. Perhaps it is
better to use OpenMSC for it but first I want to know if it could be
possible with OpenBSC. I know that OpenBSC is not programmed for only using
the MSC and the HLR part but perhaps someone know how the MSC is
implemented. If some of you also worked with OpenMSC it would be great of
you could write me your experiences.

I don't want to steal your time so if you are interested and have some
infos I really appreciate it. :-)

I have already written to the mailing list so perhaps some of you remember
me.

Best regads
Ellen