OpenBSC with Dahdi+Asterisk and several BTS

Ellen Apolinar ellen.apolinar.td at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 18 07:50:20 UTC 2012

Hey folks,

I think, OpenBSC works now. Here what I did and what I get:

I tried the steps from Michael and get following answer:

To test telnet:

/etc/init.d/openbsd-inetd restart

>  * Restarting internet superserver inetd

telnet 192.168.0.102

> Trying 192.168.0.102...
> Connected to 192.168.0.102.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Ubuntu 11.10
> server login: admin
> Password:
> Last login: Mon Jun 18 09:35:35 CEST 2012 fromserver.fritz.box on pts/1
>
> Welcome to Ubuntu 11.10 (GNU/Linux 3.0.22 i686)
>  * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/

The steps from Michael:

./osmo-nitb -c openbsc.cfg -C

> 1 device found
>         id:             0
>         Dprotocols:     00000018
>         Bprotocols:     0000006e
>         protocol:       4
>         nrbchan:        30
>         name:           hfc-e1.1
> activate bchan
> activate bchan
> DB: Database initialized.
> DB: Database prepared.

<0007> sms_queue.c:232 Attempting to send 20 SMS

telnet localhost 4242

> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Welcome to the OpenBSC control interface
> Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Harald Welte, Holger Freyther
> Contributions by Daniel Willmann, Jan Lübbe, Stefan Schmidt
> Dieter Spaar, Andreas Eversberg, Sylvain Munaut
>
> License AGPLv3+: GNU AGPL version 3 or later <
> http://gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html>
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
> OpenBSC>

:-)

So thanks a lot to you all who helped me. This Mailinglist was a great
support for me to install OpenBSC,

Regards.
Ellen