OpenBSC with Dahdi+Asterisk and several BTS

Ellen Apolinar ellen.apolinar.td at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 4 10:40:22 UTC 2012

So it seems that connecting OpenBSC with an UMTS BTS is not a good idea.
I have read that the developer want to try to make it possible that OpenBSC
supports UMTS. But perhaps it is possible to do it by myself?

The purpose of my project is to connect several BTS (GSM and UMTS) with
the pc and to build an interface between both (BTS and pc) so we can test
the
BTS with selfprogrammed software. Our first idea is to realize this with
OpenBSC.

That's why I need it for GSM and also for UMTS and why I want to make
OpenBSC supporting several BTS.

When someone of you have ideas how to realize it with OpenBSC I would be
happe of any kind of tipps.
I know that this isn't done in a few weeks and that there is very much to
do before it could work.

Best regards
Ellen