OpenBSC with Dahdi+Asterisk and several BTS

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Jun 2 11:36:17 UTC 2012

Ellen Apolinar wrote:
> So now I'm not sure what to do because I'm not sure what exactly is wrong
> and if it could work without a BTS.

I'm not sure if OpenBSC can run without any BTS. What would the point
be anyway?

> There are enough informations if I want to test a BS11 or a nanoBTS
> but I'm a little bit lost how to work with another BTS.

Those two and Nokia MetroSite are the only supported BTSes so far.

> In the next day I will get the traces from the several BTS to build an
> interface between BTS and OpenBSC so I can build the openbsc.cfg-file.

What do you mean by "interface" exactly? Are you planning on
developing code in OpenBSC that supports new BTSes? That would be
great, of course!

> But it would be great if it is possible to test OpenBSC before I get
> the traces.

I think the only way you can test OpenBSC is with one of the
supported BTSes.

//Peter