OpenBSC development

Labs rp.labs at gmx.ch
Tue Jan 10 22:34:21 UTC 2012

On 10-Jan-12 23:08, Labs wrote:
> On 10-Jan-12 22:47, Labs wrote:
>>
>> I will do that and report back. I will connect now on the box.
>
> When I left from work I shut down the VM and now after power on it seems
> to work using the command:
>
> osmo-nitb -c hsl/openbsc.cfg
>
> But that is not all, if I stop the process with Ctrl+Z and run it again
> (same command) I get the error mentioned below:
>
> "(000) telnet_interface.c:85 Telnet interface failed to bind"
>
> I just pressed the Ctrl+Z because Ctrl-C was not working and I forgot to
> use -D parameter to run it as a daemon.

I'm stupid!
Problem was that I used Ctrl+Z (which sends SIGSUSP) and if I run strace
says "Address already in use", that's why it complains that it cannot
bind. After this step I saw that running netstat, 127.0.0.1:4242 is used
and also a ps reports that it is running.

I just killed the process and started again and it worked. This time I
stopped it with Ctrl+C (odd that is working now, probably some virtual
machine issue?!) and run it again. Of course it works.

Thanks guys for your help. It works like a charm :-)

Regards,
R.