gprs_llc.c: foreign TLLI is stored, but not searched

VID - Frank Maas frank at vid.nl
Mon Apr 30 15:05:52 UTC 2012

Holger wrote:
> wanted to avoid this issue is that whoever transmits needs to select the
> llme/lle. I think my code set old_tlli to the foreign or such but I dropped it
> (and can't remember why it wasn't needed anymore).

Been there, tried that. It wasn't so much that is wasn't needed, but elsewhere
in the code old_tlli (and especially the fact if it is 0xffffffff or
not) is used to (re)set
some stuff.

> This will not be the last issue you will experience with GPRS. Both the
> nanoBTSs implementation and our SGSN are not very stable.

Well... only 7 hours of Qday to go ;-)

> Some of the known GPRS issues include:
>
>	- http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/ticket/55 (crash)

I solved that one

>	- http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/ticket/44 (correctness)
>	- http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/ticket/43 (leak)

Will check these.

> There is also the 'santos' branch of someone that forked our code and has
> done a bit of bugfixing.

Ah ok. I'll look into that. Might be of use during the last couple of hours

HTH/F