PCAP and CFG Files for NanoBTS with GPRS "unknown TLLI" issue ...

John tophut at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 19:20:52 UTC 2012

Peter Suge wrote:

>Please send the pcap file as requested. It includes significant
>detail which is not shown in console messages. You can use tcpdump
>to create the file from the command line, or even wireshark.

Here is the pcap:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1aXbMU98OahcWp3cVRRWEJBeHc

The phone cannot communicate any GPRS data after the message in packet
480 (sent upon power up), which is also when the console shows a
message like this below (not actual message from attached pcap):

<0012> gprs_bssgp.c:347 BSSGPTLLI=0x7d3b6971 Rx UPLINK-UNITDATA

<0013> gprs_llc.c:478 LLC SAPI=1C   FCS=0x35b15fCMD=UI DATA

<0013> gprs_llc.c:742 LLC RX:unknown TLLI 0x7d3b6971, creating LLME on the fly

Others on this mailing list asked for the config files.  Here is the
nanobts config, which follows the example on the instructions in the
wiki for GPRS, with the main differences being allowing all devices to
attach and I set the IP addresses.  Also, I put the PDCH in the last
two timeslots.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1aXbMU98OahcGFFWkRIcE54NDQ

Here is the SGSN config:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1aXbMU98OaheVFqdUhYZWkwQzg

There are some strange things in the BCCH configuration in packet #240
of the pcap that don't match configuration files.  For example, I have
set cell reselection hysteresis as shown in the openbsc.cfg to 4, but
the BCCH configuration packet #240 has the value of 2.

Let me know if you see anything, and I appreciate your feedback.

John