Legal situation when using auth policy token

Lennart Müller mueller.lennart at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 18 06:18:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

we own a frequency usage licence from the Bundesnetzagentur and ran our
network with auth policy token. So every new phone trying to attach to our
network will receive a SMS with information how to register and a token.
Thereafter, the phone is kicked out and will no longer be able to register
again.

Now there was a problem with some phones from Cupertino which, as I heard,
registered to our network, received the SMS, were kicked out again but did not
try to re-register with their home network. So some "nice" guys threaten to
call the Bundesnetzagentur if we will not shut down the network immediately.

As a quick solution, we changed the registration procedure from Token-Input to
IMEI-Input.

My question is: Are there really legal problems when using the "Auth Token"
policy?

Many Thanks,
Lennart