[RFT] Couple of changes to nanoBTS and nokia bootup sequences to be tested

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 20:06:54 UTC 2011

Hello Dieter,

> If I remember, I never had to wait longer than half a minute after
> power on. But this was with the version from August, so some changes
> in the code might cause this behaviour.

Yes, seems to work fine now even just after a couple of minutes.

Definitely need the reset on the first start tough (at least for me).
Then for subsequent restart, it's not needed.

> A configuration option is fine, I would set the default to "always
> reset" and only if someone know what he does, he can turn the reset
> off (I think I had strange effects while changing the configuration
> and not doing a reset, so this situation should be avoided).

I added a 'nokia_site skip-reset 1' option if need be.

Tested and it works fine when I put the T200 timer to > 400 ms (it
used to be at 800 ms in the old LAPD code, but got changed to the spec
compliant 240 ms). I think jolly is working on a way to change that
'on demand' rather than globally.

Cheers,

    Sylvain