[RFT] Couple of changes to nanoBTS and nokia bootup sequences to be tested

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:11:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

> The Reset command was enabled in my initial version. As far as I know
> it was intentionally disabled during the CCC camp to get faster
> turnaround times while setting up the camp network.
>
> Its possible to skip the reset if nothing has changed in the configuration,
> however if for example the ARFCN is changed, the reset is required (it
> might be possible to do a TRX-only reset but I never tested it).

Mmm, I'll retry tonight but at least with the new LAPD code I had
trouble when the reset wasn't there.

Actually to get it to start I have to:
 - After powering it, wait for like 10 min. (If I try to start openbsc
any sooner, it will never bootstrap)
 - Then start openbsc with the 'reset' part in it.

But I could add this 'reset' process as an nokia specific option to
the vty (i.e. reset_on_start or something ).

Cheers,

    Sylvain