GPRS' PDCH idle filling

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Oct 8 12:02:40 UTC 2011

Hi Alexander,

On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 02:18:50AM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> Now, Osmocom's gsmtap.h have different channel ID's then gsmtap from
> stock Wireshark. Does that mean that Osmocom's Wireshark have
> different dissector implementation for PDCH/PACCH/PTCCH/etc then the
> stock one? Which one is more advanced?

a third party (actually, apparently developers of ip.access Ltd.) have
merged GPRS related changes to wireshark mainline without consulting the
author of the gsmtap.h header file (me).  This apparently was an
accident and they have contacted me after it was included in wireshark.

So in order to resolve it, I had looked at their changes (wireshark
mainline) and updated gsmtap.h in libosmocore to reflect their
modifications.

So I'm a  bit puzzled that you say there are again some differences.
Can you please let me know more details where you found those
incompatible values?

Thanks!