RFC: Osmocom developer workshop 2012

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Nov 25 12:38:35 UTC 2011

Hi Sylvain,

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 10:43:27AM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> > * Venue:
> >
> > If it is in Berlin, we might consider talking with c-base or
> > Raumfahrtagentur as possible venues.
>
> Do you by anychance know if any of these location have walking
> distance cheap hotels ? (sorry don't know Berlin at all except for
> Alexanderplatz ...)

To be honest, I don't know without doing some kind of research.  But I
guess the point is to find a suitable, inexpensive location first, and
as long as it is not at the outskirts of Berlin, there is pretty good
public transportation to get around..

> > * Date:
>
> I know dealing with everyone requirements is a bit tricky, I can
> personally free myself pretty much any time given sufficient notice
> (except for conferences I'm already planning to attend see below)
>
> Maybe listing the dates to avoid would give a clearer picture. I don't
> attend a lot of conferences so I don't know all their dates. The one
> I'm planning to attend so far are Fosdem, Google IO2012, Deepsec 2012,
> 29c3. What others to consider ?

I have started a wiki page where I wuld like everyone to put in the
dates at which they absolutely could not attend such a workshop:
	http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OsmoDevCon2012

If somebody has no wiki account: please apply for one or just e-mail
me and I will add your details to that page.

I would appreciate if people could enter their inavailability dates
during the next two weeks, so we could actually try to finalize on a
date for the event pretty soon.  Thanks!

> > * Funding:
> >
> I can take care of my travel/accommodation costs and participate in
> any shared cost (venue/misc/...).

My hope is that we can get the venue plus maybe some food
sponsored/funded, so people really would only have to take care of their
travel + accomodation.

> Maybe starting a Wiki page with the data (people planning to attend /
> dates to avoid ) ... The openbsc wiki I guess ?

indeed, see above.