paralell multipart sms not working

Dennis Wehrle openbsc at wehrle.it
Thu Nov 24 13:40:24 UTC 2011

Hi

Our plan is to offer an subscription to get our mensa menu via sms. If
just one MS get the sms everything works fine. But if two MSs are online
and OpenBSC sends the sms paralell (for each TS) something goes wrong.
The first two parts for both SMS will be transmitted correctly. But than
we receive a malformed packet from the BTS (see No. 103 from
wrong-sms.xml). After that the MS seems to be "confused" or something
else is wrong, because the following parts (and part 2) will be
transmitted several times. This is because the MS don't ack the sms
correctly. On a previous test we get 14 sms parts instead of just 5 parts:
1. part: 1 times
2. part: 2 times
3. part: 3 times
4. part: 4 times
5. part: 4 times

Attached are two gammu-logfiles.
right-sms.xml: Only one MS is online and the sms is transmitted correctly.
wrong-sms.xml: Two MSs are online. In the logfile you can only see one
MS. Until packet No. 102 everything seems to be OK.

ATM i don't know were to search on the code. I don't think there is a
sms bug. I think there is a memory bug, because the packet No 103 seems
to be random (or contains previous data).

Maybe someone can give me an advice.

Thanks in advance
Dennis Wehrle