GPRS with OpenBSC problem

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Nov 14 20:57:25 UTC 2011

Hi Radko,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 06:07:06PM +0100, Radko Krkoš wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to set up an OpenBSC based GSM network. The GSM part was easy
> and relatively quick to do, but I have a problem with GPRS. I have read the
> documentation for OpenSGSN
> (http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/) and OpenGGSN (man page). After a
> couple of days searching for more information and trying whatever came to my
> mind, GPRS still does not work.

Your setup looks fine in termso of the IP addresses and other
configuration that you have shown.

What would be interesting is to actually look at the protocol traces of
the Gb(NS/BSSGP) and GTP interfaces.

Based on your SGSN output, there is not even any any GMM activity shown.

Before you ever get any actual GPRS data (PDP context, etc.) up, there
needs to be a GMM ATTACH / GMM RA UPDATE / etc. procedure.  Those should
be visible in the Gb interface protocol traces, and also show up on the
sgsn vty if you do

logging enable
logging filter all 1
logging level mm debug