commitlog ML improvements

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Mon Nov 14 10:39:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:00:10PM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> (I've already fixed the subject from projectdesc to projectname again..)
I am not sure whether I get you correctly.
Before the twiddling, the email subject always started with xxx.git,
e.g. libosmocore.git. Now the situation changed, commit emails for e.g.
erlang/mgw_nat.git starts with
"Erlang MediaGateWay (MGW) NAT/Masquerading"
while the description cgit shows is
"Erlang MGW NAT/MASQ implementation"
in the cloned repository, .git/description contains
"Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the
repository."
The non-erlang repos that caused an email since the twiddling have a
subject that start with "branch xxx/yyy updated" or something, so the
string that contain the description in the erlang case seems to be
empty.
Please look at the hook script again, there is something wrong.
By the way, for me xxx.git in the subject was fine.

Kind regards,
-Alex