Questions

Christopher HENARD christopher.henard at esial.net
Wed May 11 08:30:59 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

As I said in previous messages, I want to write a program to dialogue with
openBSC (more precisely, osmo-nitb)

In fact I tried to compile osmo-bts  but it seems some structures are not
even define anywhere (struct osmobts_ms, struct osmol2_entity...). I know
it's still under development but I can't test the main program and read the
code is a little bit long.

For ipaccess-proxy, the main thread also starts bsc_select_main, resulting
in osmo-nitb and proxy both waiting for something but nothing happens. That
brings these questions:

Is there any documentation of the code of open BSC ?
Are all the protocols of Abis interface implemented (LAPD, BTSM, RR) ? If
yes, where can they be found in the code and is it possible to use them
externally to forge packets ?
Is it possible to connect 2 open BSC together ? What are the requirements?
In the main loop of osmo-nitb, what are the message open BSC is waiting for
(bsc_select_main)?
Do you think it would be possible that a SMSC communicate with open BSC ?
What are the requirements?
Have you implemented part of the SS7 stacks (mtp, SCCP, ...) ?

Thank you