talloc linking / include magic

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri May 6 12:30:34 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 01:44 PM, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
>

> The only big question is how to deal with header files, as we do
> 	#include <osmocom/core/talloc.h>
> and in case of the system-wide libtalloc it should instead be
> 	#include <talloc.h>

a) Use #include_next in osmocom/core/talloc.h if one should use libosmotalloc?
b) Take the fragile approach and hope the ABI is not changing in talloc
c) prefix _talloc with osmo_talloc.. which then is either an (linker) alias to
_talloc of libtalloc our own internal lib? Probably fragile as well.. no idea
how well aliases across DSOs work.
d) Find out if talloc.h is prefixed in Debian and use that way for includes.