TODO: openbsc.cfg console logging options

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon May 2 11:52:25 UTC 2011

On 04/30/2011 01:49 AM, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

> Could you develop the scenario a bit? The problem that you refer would
> occur if `-d' and `-e' are used?

Hi,

the attached config file is the result of 'write' in the VTY code, e.g. it
contains the current stderr config.

$ ./src/osmo-bsc/osmo-bsc -c openbsc.bsc -e 1

now the -e 1 is applied (log_set_log_level(stderr_target, atoi(optarg));)
before the call to bsc_bootstrap_network. So somehow we should define what
takes precedence and make this work across our utilities. E.g. osmo-bsc and
osmi-nitb behave the same right now (-e 1 being ignored if stderr is
configured in the config file).

With osmo-bsc one sees a lot more messages on startup if -e 1 is applied.

holger