connecting + openBSC initializing problem with nanoBTS 139

Daniel Brune daniel.brune.so at web.de
Sun Mar 13 15:51:35 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a strange problem since a few days - and I already did some
resets (with the "dongle") of my nanoBTS 139U DSC1800, running firmware
120a.

I cannot connect to the nanoBTS anymore with openBSC. There is an OML-link
established quite fast, but then the BTS "disappears" with a socket error.
It worked perfectly before, and I did not changed anything in my system so
far.

When I'm running the ./ipaccess-config 192.168.10.27 (the IP of the nanoBTS)
is shows me a lot of information (all fine), but after the last message, the
nanoBTS restarts automatically... so connection gets lost and the
ipaccess-config program terminates as well. I cannot PING the nanoBTS also
after that message. After 30-40s it re-appears of course, same process
starts again. ipaccess-find works fine as long as the nanoBTS is in the
initializing sequence.

Here the content of the message:
"<0005> abis_nm.c: 537 0C:BASBAND-TRANSCEIVER(04) INSI=(00,00,ff) Failure
Event Report Type=processing failure Severity=warning level failure Probable
cause= 03 00 01 Additional Text=835:WARN:OAM_RES:res_trx_status.c#209:TRX is
not responding - reinitializing th"

Directly after this one, the program terminates with a memory mapping error
message back to the console.

Any idea? For me it does not sound good... something like a hardware defect
- which I really don't want to have now :-/

Best regards from Cologne!

Daniel