[GSM Receiver] using OpenBSC as a GSM Receiver

screaming-pain at libero.it screaming-pain at libero.it
Thu Mar 3 17:48:17 UTC 2011

hi

I am new to the list, I am a phd student in the area of verification of
security protocol, so not exactly a hacker or tech guru.
Anyway, I am interested in using the OpenBSC to analyze GSM protocol
messages.
I don't want to decode them or do anything fancy, I am mainly interested in
what it is sent in clear.
Is it possible to use the OpenBSC architecture to capture GSM messages and
later analyze them using wireshark?
I know this is possible using the USRP, but I would like to use OpenBSC.
Anyway is there any particular reason why you are not supporting the USRP?

Thanks