spec download

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu Mar 3 21:55:03 UTC 2011

Hi Joe,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 05:13:59PM -0500, Joe Eggleston wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something, but I haven't found an easy way to
> download pdf versions of all the 3gpp specs. Why would you want to do
> that? Well, dealing with MS-Word format is a pain. And, there's no
> online full-text search of all the specs.

indeed.

> So, I threw together a quick web scraper to pull down the latest
> version of all the 3GPP specs from the ETSI web site in pdf format.

Interesting.  I once had a poor (student) employee do that manually and create
symlinks for them.  I'm sure I can distribute a tar of the symlinks (so you can
open 04.08.pdf),  but I of course am not allowed to distribute the actual PDF
files for copyright reasons.

> Thought it might be useful to others -
> http://monkey.org/~joe/files/fetch_3gpp.py

Definitely, I think that may be very useful for others...

Thanks for sharing it.