SGSN Crash

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jun 1 06:52:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 09:53:54PM -0400, Seungju Kim wrote:

> By the way, increasing the headroom size defined in gsm_04_08.h
> temporarily got around the problem, now my iPhone successfully
> receives a PDP context. But the sgsn still crashes shortly after.

we would be more than happy to assist you, if you actually want to debug
the problem.  But this requires some more diligence than to say "it
crashes" on this list. But it would require that you familiarize
yourself with how to use gdb, how to generate backtraces and how to
generally debug C programs on Linux.

Also, eevery bug report should be accomodated with
 * a pcap file of the Gb and GTP interface of the SGSN with the last few
   messages before and after the crash
 * the log output of the SGSN with the related debug options set (at
   least the MM, depending on the location of the crash possibly LLC,
   SNDCP, BSSGP and NS subsystems)