Radios

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Jul 24 06:52:36 UTC 2011

Hi Barnaby,

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 01:15:49PM -0400, Barnaby Astles wrote:
> Has any one looked at airspan radios ?

I am not aware of anyone in our community having had access to those
devices.

> http://www.airspan.com/products/airharmony/

it's hard to judge how easily they would integrate with OpenBSC based on
the marketing speech says ;)

I would guess that it should be fairly simple to integrate the GSM part,
if it reuses the Abis related components from ip.access.

However, they could just use some completely different parts of the
ip.access software stack, and have something custom over the back-haul
link.

If you have an interest in OpenBSC interoperability with those units,
I'm sure we could find a way to make it happen.  My guess is that
they would be pretty expensive, as the nanoBTS alone (without any LTE)
is already horribly expensive.