Current OpenBSC + LCR using MNCC socket

Konrad Meier meierk at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jul 26 13:38:17 UTC 2011

On 26.07.2011 14:31, Konrad Meier wrote:
> On 25.07.2011 21:48, Lennart Müller wrote:
>> Hello Konrad,
>>
>> 2011/7/25 Konrad Meier<meierk at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
>> <mailto:meierk at informatik.uni-freiburg.de>>
>>
>>      I tried to compile the master branch of LCR with your last changes.
>>      It failed with the error below. Asterisk version is 1.6.2.5. Is
>>      Asterisk 1.6 still supported or is 1.8 recommended now?
>>

>> I have just compiled the current master branch without a problem, using
>> the Asterisk 1.6 header files of asterisk-dev Debian package:
>
> Hi Lennart,
>
> I tried it with a clean debian system and everything compiles well. It
> seems that I screwed up my test system. Thank you.
>
> The next problem is at runtime. If I use LCR to forward calls from
> openBSC, the call is rejected immediately by LCR with the following message:
> 000000 TRACE 26.07.11 14:01:12.979 CH: MNCC_REJ_REQ ----  cause coding=3
> location=1 value=27
>
> In openBSC it looks like this:
> <0001>  gsm_04_08.c:1355 (bts 0 trx 0 ts 2 ti 8 sub 40732) Sending
> 'MNCC_SETUP_IND' to MNCC.
> <0001>  gsm_04_08.c:3138 (bts 0 trx 0 ts 2 ti 08 sub 40732) Received
> 'MNCC_REL_REQ' from MNCC in state 1 (INITIATED)

I could solve the above problem by a system restart. The mISDN_l1loop
module was loaded but for some reason could not be used by LCR. The LCR
error message was:
000000 ERROR loop port 1 failed to bind socket. (errno 93)

By playing with the mISDN_l1loop module I discovered a strange problem.
If I load the module with "modprobe mISDN_l1loop pri=1 nchannel=30" all
system memory is allocated by LCR after some seconds.

If I load it with "nchannel=20" than everithing works fine.

Can someone confirm this problem?

Regards
Konrad