OML issue?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jul 16 15:19:37 UTC 2011

Hi Holger,

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 03:37:28PM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> okay, this was introduced in this b7849987e516eb3bf102b29298ecc103b8b24d53
> commit. Now in general this appears to be a step forward. So what about.

sorry for introducing the problem ...

> a)
>  1.) We call the reset after the initial init
>  2.) try to understand our init code again
>
> b)
>  1. Revert but I don't think it is necessary.

I'm definitely in favor of 'a', as 'b' would also break OsmoBTS ;)
But more seriously speaking, I think we can not make any assumptions on
the MO state after loosing the BTS link.

And what would be 'a1', i.e. reset after initial init?  Maybe I don't
understand you correctly, but this doesn't seem to make sense to me.

If we first do some initialization of the BTS (i.e. change its state)
and then reset our view of that state, I don't think it can be right...