libdbi / libdbd-sqlite3

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Jul 3 08:27:50 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 03, 2011 at 11:54:23AM +0800, Kang-min Liu wrote:

> This really surprise me. I briefly looked the libdbi implementation
> and turns out it can only perform SQL INSERT or UPDATE with only full
> SQL statements, and the dbd_encode_binary basically turns any BLOB
> into TEXT (by escaping \0) so it can be part of the SQL statement.

yes, had I ever read the source code of (c language) libdbi and
libdbd-sqlite3, I would have never used it for the OpenBSC project.

It's ridiculous how they deal with databases, giving away any
performance that the underlying DB might have.

Once we move the SQL + HLR/VLR out of the main OpenBSC process, I guess
we will have to use 'native' database APIs.