Question about how to read / send SMS from an external program

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 14:19:33 UTC 2011

Hi

> It will be really appreciated if anyone with similar experience can offer insight to my issue here.

No idea if that's the problem but one known issue with external
interaction to hlr.sqlite3 is that the binary coding/decoding routinge
(to store binary data inside sqlite) are not standard.

The DBI interface we use has it's own routines and if you try a
'native' sqlite3 driver, you may not get the right data. When
accessing binary data fields from a auto-provisionning app for 27c3
from a python script, I actually had to write my own 'dbi-equivalent'
binary coding routine ...

See the dbi source code for more info about the algorithm itself.

Cheers,

    Sylvain