GSM @ Camp 2011 preparations

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jul 18 16:26:49 UTC 2011

Hi Konrad,

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 04:22:19PM +0200, Konrad Meier wrote:

> The original plan was to test the setup at the GPN. But stupid me
> forgot to order the RJ69 connectors :-(
> Last week I was finally able to try the multi TRX setup with two
> nanoBTS, but without success. TRX 0 worked well but TRX 1 was not
> working for some reason. I think the problem is the initialization
> of TRX 1.

no problem.  I have plenty of multi-trx setup experience, I doubt we
would have any problem setting that part up at the camp.

> I have two "SPLIT2P-SMA" from "Global Professional" [1]. My Idea was
> to use these two units with one naoBTS-Booster like shown here: [2]

unfortnately this url fails to load:
[2] http://lab.ks.uni-freiburg.de/attachments/download/260/setup.png

I can ping the server, and I can connect to port 80, but it never
responds to a GET request.

> Your idea sounds good too, but would require some RX LNA.

Sylvain seems to have built some uplink LNAs.

> We have two omnidirectional antennas from PROCOM: CXL 1800-3
> More information: [3]

Ok. I have just ordered a couple of 1.4m long 8dBi gain omni antennas,
just in case.  I also ordered 50m low-loss cable (20dB on 100m) and 20
matching N plugs.  A 500m roll of CAT6 cable for the abis/ip back-haul
is here already

> Ok, I will see what I can do.

thanks in advance.