Why TDM time slot time duration is 577us ??

Nataraju A B natarajuab.tech at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:51:43 UTC 2011

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the speedy reply.
The link which sent you is definitely useful. But the very basic question I
wanted to get a clarification was that, what is the drive behind selection
of burst time to be 577us.

For example the audio frequency can range upto 4Khz. The sampling frequency
should be 8Khz. If each sample is of 8 bit accuracy. This lead to 64K bits
of data. ......  If we explore further on these lines we should be able to
correlate to the time 577us for each burst.

I wanted some more info these lines. What was/were the drives behind
selection of this burst time. Otherwise what are the other end requirements
led to selection of this burst time and in turn TDMA frame hierarchy.

Thanks,
Nataraju A B

--
Thanks,