Ericsson RBS2308 support / Status on LAPD

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Feb 13 09:16:49 UTC 2011

Hi all,

meanwhile some things have happened, so here some update:

1) activating the OML link to the IXU/DXU in the Ericsson BTS works
   much more reliably from a Racal 6113 than from our own code sending
   a flood of SABME on TS0.  This might be DAHDI related.

2) after the BTS has seen SABME for TEI=62/SAPI=62, it will memorize this
   and we can switch the cable from the 6113 to our DAHDI+OpenBSC setup

3) The current laforge/rbs2000 branch will establish the primary OML Link
   and will start to initialize the CF (central function).  After that, you
   will have to manually use the telnet interface with a sequence of commands
   like this:

	enable
	bts 0 om2000 class is 0 255 0
	connect-command
	is-cof-req
	enable-request

   At this point the TRX0 should be connected to the same signalling slot
   and based on the protocol traces I've done between the 6113 and the BTS,
   we should now establish a _second_ OML connection, but this time to TEI=0
   (SAPI still 62).  No code for this exists yet in the laforge/rbs2000 branch.

For some reason the last operation (SABME to SAPI=62/TEI=0) does not work on my
BTS, neither with the Racal 6113 nor from custom code.  So I believe something
is wrong with the actual hardware setup...