[semi-OT] iPhone SIM access via AT+CSIM

Jens David jens.david at jens-david-consulting.com
Fri Feb 4 12:15:21 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to implement a bluetooth RSAP daemon for the iPhone platform.
I read your description on http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/A5_GSM_AT_tricks .
Unfortunately it does not seem to work on my phone.
It always returns error code 0x6E00 for class 0xA0 (GSM application) commands:

> AT+CSIM=14,"A0A40000023F00"
> +CSIM: 4,"6E00"

Which iPhone version and "baseband" firmware was used when doing these
experiments? Any further tips?

By the way, it is better to use one of the virtual serial lines,
e.g. /dev/dlci.spi-baseband.extra_13 to access the X-Gold 608 when doing normal
stuff rather than using the real UART interfaces (/dev/tty.debug etc.) because
one does not need to unload CommCenter to have a reliable connection.

   --j

--
Jens David, DG1KJD
jens.david at jens-david-consulting.com