RFC: Osmocom developer workshop 2012

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Dec 5 04:20:56 UTC 2011

Hi roh,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 01:27:30AM +0100, Joachim Steiger wrote:
> Harald Welte wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Thinking a bit more about timing, it seems that the second half of March
> > is a good idea.
>
> > So I'd propose something like four days in the second half of march.
> > Should we try to overlap/extend a weekend?  I guess this would help
> > people with e regular dayjob, as not as many holidays would be required.
> >
> > If there are no objections in the next 48 hours, I will talk to C-Base
> > about availability during that timeframe.
>
> since there are not that many participants listed in the wiki and after
> talking to my fellow hackers here at raumfahrtagentur i can state that
> we would be happy to host the developer meeting in our location.

thanks a lot for bringing this up.

However, I wouldn't use the wiki as a reference.  Given that we are > 10
people at 28C3, I would also suspect something like 10 to 15 (max)
people at the OsmoDevCon.

Without any offence, I also think that c-base is easier to reach, more
centrally located [some people may want to go out at night], and might
have better facilities in terms of a separate 'conference room' style
setup.

Having said that, I don't want to rule out Raumfahrtagentur yet.  Those
are just my initial thoughts.