nanoBTS multi-TRX setup

Konrad Meier meierk at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Apr 13 11:10:54 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I was just reading the wiki page about the nanoBTS multi-TRX setup.
Two things are not clear to me.

1. What is the purpose of the "RF cable"?
Is the TX port of the master BTS looped through the second BTS? Or hase
every nanoBTS his own TRX/RX?
I am asking because I would like to use a nanoBTS-Booster with the
multi-TRX setup and therefore require a combined RF signal.

2. The example example "openbsc.cfg" configures the trx 1 as follows:

   timeslot 0
     phys_chan_config CCCH+SDCCH4
   timeslot 1
     phys_chan_config SDCCH8

Is this really needed? My first idea was to configure the second trx to
TCH/F only.

Best regards
Konrad Meier