sms bugfix

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sun Apr 17 08:53:03 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 05:27 PM, Dennis Wehrle wrote:
> Hello

Hi Dennis,

sorry for the delay. I had hoped someone with more SMS knowledge pops up and
takes a look. I have mostly fixed issues with the code itself (timesouts,
leaks, etc) but not really used it.

> The best solution for that is to store the number of septets at the database
> (on the decoding process). Therefore i want to discuss if this is a suitable
> solution. If we don't want to change the structure of the database i could
> possible make a dirty hack (look if the "ud_hdr_ind" is set, get the "user
> data header length" (udhl) from the user_data, count the number of septets
> from "text - 1 - udhl - fill bits").
> But i strongly recommend to change the database (i could do it).

Yes, please change the database. I think you want to increase the version of
the database schema but I would not worry about having a migration inside the
db.c code itself (we can have a script to update the schema and drop the SMS
table..).